Awww... who am I kidding? I sincerely doubt I'll ever get to being this level of a horseperson. I'm sort of okay with that. If I can get to half this good I'll consider it an accomplishment.
Seriously, for those of you who don't know what the Extreme Mustang Makeover challenge is, here are the basics:
The competitors arrive at the BLM stockyards with an empty trailer.
They run a wild, half-crazed with fear mustang through ramps and into the trailer.
The competitor then has three months to train it to:
- Accept a human's presence without flipping out
- Accept a human's touch without flipping out
- Accept basic care like farrier work and haltering without flipping out
- Accept a halter, saddle, bridle and all that entails without flipping out
- Accept a rider and basic training without flipping out
If I had a hat, I'd be taking it off. Well done, sir!
Oh, wait... I need another hat. I need to take it off for this guy, too: